Tuesday, August 19, 2008

Rolling Hills Ranch

One of our favorite places to visit in Ohio is Rolling Hills Ranch. It is in Amish Country and they take you on a wagon ride through 80 acres to feed all the animals. The animals walk right up to the wagon and you feed them from a bucket. It is so beautiful and we see all kinds of animals.

Grandpa Binks and the grandkids. They sure love their grandpa!


This is how close all the animals would get and some of them would take the bucket from your hands. So we had to hold on tight!


This large animal resembled an elk but I can't remember the name of it. Everyone got a chance to feed him. He was one of the few large animals that didn't try to rip the bucket out of your hands. I know from experience because I had a pretty serious tug of war with one of the elk. I almost fell off the wagon but I was not about to let him get it. Luckily, I kept the bucket and stayed on the wagon!


Mark really enjoys harassing the animals. He gets some of them pretty mad and they chase us through the park. I'm just waiting for one of them to get him back.


They also have a petting zoo. Gavin and Madison loved petting all the animals.

0 comments: