Monday, February 18, 2008

Missing Grandpa and Grandma!


My kids have been missing their Grandpa and Grandma Binks so much lately. They ask me at least once a day when they are going to see their Grandpa and Grandma. I thought it might be because my parents usually bring some sort of surprise when they come to visit. So I asked Madison one day why she wanted to see Grandpa and Grandma so bad. She said I just miss them so very much! This morning when I was doing Madison's hair (which was really tangled) she was crying for her Grandma Binks. Mark came into console her and told her she could call her on the phone later. Madison said, "But I can't smell her". I asked her what she smells like and she said "she justs smells like a grandma". Who knew that Grandma Binks has a scent and that Madison recognizes it. I thought it was so cute!


3 comments:

Richard and Tammy said...

Kids say the darndest things, Madison I miss your smell too, and playing with your hair, and having sleep overs, and going to McDonalds, and all the many things we like to do together. Remember that grandma will come to visit when the Easter Bunny comes. I love you all and miss you all.
G-ma Binks

The Cook Fam said...

How sweet. You have a great family. It was fun to see everyone all grown up.

Joe and Amy said...

That is so sweet! I love the picture of your family. Where did you have it taken? You all look so cute! I didn't recognize Camilla at first with lighter hair, then I saw Riley behind her. :) I can't believe how big Hobbs looks. I don't think I've seen any of you (in person) since last March. How does time fly by so fast.

When I read things like this, it makes me think, "What am I doing? Families need to be together!" But it's easier said than done in a day like today. There is something special though about a Grandma and Grandpa that come and stay at your house....and the fact that you get to see each other 24/7 even if it is only for a few days, every so often.